Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Couplets

Couplet is a pair of line that have a rhyming structure.

EXAMPLE:

Slicing Salami
by Denise Rodgers

The strangest strange stranger I've me in my life
was the man who made use of his nose as a knife.
He's slice up salami, tomatoes and cheese
at the tip of his nose with phenomenal ease.

He'd buy food in bulk at incredible prices
and then use his nose to reduce it to slices.
His wife ran away and I know that he'll miss her.
The woman was frightened that one day he'd kiss her!

Significant - It makes poems sound cool and easy to read

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, the significance, the explanation of why the poetic device is important, is worth two points of each post. Many of your posts are missing this element, and, subsequently, your grade is much lower than what I expect from you.

    ReplyDelete